This job has closed. Click here for more jobs.
Aquatic Shift Supervisor (Seasonal)
The Town of Blackfalds is accepting applications for Seasonal Aquatic Shift Supervisors to work at the Outdoor Aquatic Centre.
Responsible for maintaining the aquatic area ensuring hazards are minimized or removed, water quality is maintained, and all rules and guidelines are being enforced by staff. Shift supervisors will also be providing direction and guidance to the lifeguards and instructors while on shift.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer services.
- Proven ability to deal directly with staff and public in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Efficient and effective communication skills.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, supervisory strengths and cooperation skills.
- Excellent skills in decision making and analytical thinking.
- Solid planning, organizing and problem-solving skills.
- Provide mentorship and guidance for volunteers.
- Supervise and assist lifeguards as required.
- Maintain a safe aquatic setting, removing all hazards to public and staff.
- Help evaluate guard positions & rotations.
- Lifeguard as required.
- Educate public on aquatic policies as required.
- Provide first aid as required.
- Swim Instruction
- Supervise & assist instructors.
- Instruct as required.
- Complete all administrative work as required.
- Daily water test, monitoring gages and water chemistry levels.
- Chemical additions as required.
- Mechanical procedures as required.
- Chemical barrel changes as required.
- Minimum Grade 12 combined with 2 or more years experience in an aquatic setting and at least 18 year of age.
- National Lifeguard - Pool.
- Standard First Aid with CPR "C" and AED
- Pool Operators 1 (asset)
- Lifesaving Swim Instructor
- Lifesaving Instructor (asset)
- Valid Class 5 driver's license with current Driver’s Abstract
- RCMP Criminal Record Check / Vulnerable Sector Check (16+) / Intervention Record Check (18+)
The hours of work range from part time to full time hours.
The hourly wage range is $24.72 / hour to $27.82 / hour.
Please submit your application online via our applicant tracking system by March 21, 2023 @ 4pm.